RACETRACK BUSINESS MANAGER
Under the direction of the Racetrack General Manager, the Business Manager will act as
support staff to the Raceway Park General Manager, and oversee all duties related to the
front end and money handling aspects of race day.
Duties of the Business Manager will include but not be limited to:
* Hiring all sellers and ticket takers.
* Set up for back gate sellers, front gate sellers, ticket takers and program seller.
* Coordinate and Set up Concession Stand workers, order food, determine
check quality of food, etc.
* Ensure all areas of the grandstands are clean and well maintained,
restrooms, areas near the food concession stands, etc.
* Coordinate with the General Manager at the close of that night's event
results. media releases, pictures, etc to any and all newspapers, website, tec.
* Prepare deposit of gate revenues.
* Prepare financial information to be turned into the Business Assistant
preparing P&L for that night's event.
* Prepare information for Business Assistant to write checks for
checks will be made available after 2pm the Wednesday following the race.
* Update points standings for program insert and post to web page.
* Ensure time sheets are accurate and turned in on time to Business
days are the 15th and the last day of each month. Time sheets should be given to
Business Assistant the day prior to payday.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
KNOWLEDGE OF: Money handling, supervision, food management, public relations,
financial reporting experience and computer experience.
ABILITY TO: Read and write English at a level required for successful job
deal effectively to resolve complaints of the public; and direct the work of others; analyze
situations accurately and take effective actions.
* Willingness to work long hours, various shifts, and weekends.
* Be creative, motivated, resourceful, flexible, objective, cooperative and personal.
Raceway Park Business Manager is a part time position, with no benefits. Hours are
subject to Raceway Park General Manager. Pay begins at $13.00 per hour. Any time
worked over 8 hours will be paid at the straight time rate. The 27th District Agricultural
Association has an exemption from the FLSA from paying overtime.
consideration, please submit your resume to : Shasta Raceway Park,
P.O. Box 605, Anderson, CA 96007.